Last updated on March 4th, 2023 at 04:46 am
Do you need a better way to estimate remodeling projects? Are you looking for a residential remodeling estimating software that can help streamline the process? If so, you’re in luck.
In this blog post, we will compare some of the most popular residential remodeling estimating software on the market. We will discuss the features of each program, as well as the pros and cons. So, whether you are a construction professional, contractor, or homeowner, this blog post is for you!
6 Project Management Software for Construction
BuilderTREND is a residential remodeling estimating solution that combines scheduling, project management, finances, service management, and customer service in a single software suite.
BuilderTREND offers pre-sale services such as a built-in customer relationship management (CRM) system, bid requests, project proposals, and more. Project scheduling, budgeting, timesheets, and other project management tools are available. Customer support services include change order and selection administration, warranty requests, and payment processing.
Users may easily combine all leads from all contact forms and excel sheets into a single sheet with BuilderTREND. This cuts down on the amount of time it takes to get through the pre-sale stages, such as bidding and proposal writing. Field workers can use daily logs to send immediate information about the status of a project and working conditions using built-in scheduling tools in which all users can view tasks in progress and communicate with sub-contractors through links.
- Integrations with QuickBooks, Xero, Excel, and Outlook, among many more.
- An account manager for training and support.
- Customized branding.
- Help and support–including chat, a 24/7 help section, Buildertrend Learning Community, and Buildertrend University.
BuilderTREND’s pricing can either be monthly or annually, I’m showing the annual screenshot below. Monthly plans run at either $99 per month for the Core plan or $399 a month for the Pro Plan.
Be warned: this is only for two months. After that the prices go up to $349 per month for Core and $599 per month for Pro.
BuilderTREND Pros and Cons
- Streamlines communication.
- Ease of use in billing.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ample amount of storage.
- Unable to autosave your to-do’s or daily logs.
- CRM tools are not as desirable as Salesforce or Hubspot.
- Not very phone-friendly.
Houzz Pro is a project and lead management tool that helps organizations of all sizes by combining all requirements into one location. Project management, lead management with client dashboards, and individual insights are among the features. Professionals may use Houzz Pro to plan and manage clients, as well as track progress for any project from start to finish.
Business professionals may use Houzz Pro lead management software to develop client lists and improve communication between clients using client dashboards. Professionals can quickly convert any project discussion into a potential project and store client notes and initial estimates for future follow-ups by using Houzz Pro’s expert support, industry experts, and website services to help create and manage websites. In addition, Houzz Pro users can customize profiles and advertising settings in the name of getting leads.
Houzz Pro Features
- Integrated online payment system.
- Mood boards for projects.
- White-labeling for communications.
- Centralized project portal for client collaboration.
- 3D floor plan
Houzz Pro Pricing
Houzz Pro’s pricing is fair. Right now, their Essential package is $49 per month for three months, then it will go up to $99 per month.
Houzz Pro Pros and Cons
- Easy functionality, especially with estimates.
- Fantastic consultative sales tool.
- Many tools.
- Has excellent phone and chat support.
- May encounter spam
- Lead experience may result in cold call in which they don’t know who you are or why you’re calling.
Buildxact is a powerful project management tool, offering all of the features that you need to efficiently run your business. Transform your company – one system from the first takeoff to the final invoice.
Buildxact’s dashboards may be used by businesses to manage, control, and track personnel schedules by sending automated emails and texts to employees. It also allows consumers to generate change quotations with variations based on item changes, refunds, customer requests, and overspends, as well as receive consumer confirmation of changes through a digital signature.
In addition, support is provided via FAQs, chat, email, documentation, and phone.
- Equipment tracking
- Profit insights
- Job scheduling
- Bid management.
- Integration with Xero, MYOB and Quickbooks
Buildxact’s pricing depends on if you are a builder or a dealer.
Buildexact Pros and Cons
- Itemized, clear quotes for clients.
- Digital takeoff super-quick.
- No undo button when quoting or an option to lock a template.
- Needs a smoother transition between the estimate and the invoice.
Coyne Technology’s CoConstruct is a construction project management software that allows residential construction companies and renovators to manage projects, finances, and clients. It connects estimates, specifications, bids, change orders, and budgets with QuickBooks so users may manage their projects from the field using the mobile app.
With CoConstruct’s project manager, builders and contractors can track to-dos, coordinate and sync schedules and complex installations, and track jobsite activities. CoConstruct software also aids with prospecting, estimating, and bidding by using project management tools. CoConstruct software also unifies client communication by keeping email, text, and SMS communications all in one location.
- Client and subcontractor management
- File managment
- Job log
- Change order tracking
- Warranty tracking
- Job costing
- Pricing management
- Project costs tracking
- Contractor invoicing
- Proposal generation
- Purchase order management
CoConstruct’s monthly pricing sounds promising, but be careful: after two months (if paying monthly) the prices will go up. You can pay annually, at the time of writing this article, the Standard package price is $2899 and the Plus $4999.
All CoConstruct pricing plans include an implementation coach, custom branding, and phone and online support.
CoConstruct Pros and Cons
- Existing, customizable templates ready to use.
- Schedules are easy to use and track.
- Fields will auto-populate in the same projects from page to page.
- The pricing model can put people off.
- Issues with Quickbook integration.
Worksuite is a smart, user-friendly freelance administration system. We make it simple for small and big firms to join up, pay your freelancers all around the world with a few clicks, and comply with local regulations. Take care of compliance, reporting, and project management in a fraction of the time by using Worksuite as a whole solution.
- Expense management
- Real-time messaging
- Time tracker
- Desktop and mobile compatible
Worksuite offers a one-time payment of $55 for a regular license or $275 for an extended license.
Worksuite Pros and Cons
- The Shortlist makes it easy to conduct business and handle translations.
- Ease of use and contact with third-party collaborators.
- Excellent help and support
- The UI is a little dated and clunky.
- Cannot customize questionnaires.
- Limited reporting and project-tracking features.
- No refunds if Worksuite is downloaded from codecanyon.
Contractor Foreman is the most affordable all-in-one solution for small and medium trade and general contractors who want a better way to manage their projects. If you want easy-to-use software with a focus on residential remodeling estimating, Contractor Foreman is the way to go. Its user-friendly interface and variety of features make it a top choice for anyone in the construction field.
Contractor Foreman gives you everything you need to start your business for a fraction of the cost of other software programs that charge upwards of $300 to $500 per month and additional for each project! With Contractor Foreman, you may add as many projects as you like – your success will not be penalized.
Contractor Foreman Features
- Integrations with Outlook, QuickBooks, Google, AngiLeads, and Gusto.
- No device limit
- Unlimited storage
- Free private training
- Custom report builder
- Customizable templates
- Time Cards
- Online Payments
- Daily Logs
Contractor Foreman Pricing
Contractor Foreman offers a 30-day free trial and the packages below for your choosing. Take note, if you decide to pay quarterly, the standard package is not available.
Contractor Foreman Pros and Cons
- Ease of use, especially with tracking.
- Great customer service.
- Excellent with project management.
- A bug here and there when there’s a new version, but updates take care of them.
- Reporting is somewhat lacking.
- Mobile app not as efficient as the platform.
- Standard package not available if paying quarterly.
JobNimbus is a one-stop shop for all of your company’s needs. The solution is end-to-end, meaning it covers everything from customer interactions to scheduling and everything in between. JobNimbus is the place to go if you want to keep track of and update all business data accurately.
With the JobNimbus platform, you may completely customize your workflow on both the web and mobile app, focusing on all of your company procedures. Contractors may use their iOS or Android-powered phones to modify project statuses from the JobNimbus mobile app. Users can get access to all of their business requirements with more options and quick access.
- Digital payments.
- Customized reports.
- One-click invoices.
- Share comments with @mentions.
- Offer financing to homeowners.
- Track workflow with boards.
- Integrations with Eagleview, Quickbooks, Beacon, and Sunlight Financial.
You will need to call JobNimbus for a quote.
JobNimbus Pros and Cons
- Pricing and proposal templates are easy to use and customize.
- Easy to track projects and communicate with others.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Bit of confusion with note replies.
- No option to print photos in a report format.
What is residential estimating?
Residential estimating is the process of determining the estimated cost of a project, based on factors such as materials, labor, and time. The goal of residential estimating is to provide a realistic estimate for the project, so that both the contractor and the homeowner can budget and plan accordingly.
There are many factors that go into a residential estimate, including:
– The size of the project
– The scope of work
– The type of materials needed
– The type of labor required
– The turnaround time
– Any special requests or requirements
The first step in any residential estimating project is to sit down with the homeowner and discuss their specific needs and wants for the project.
How do you estimate construction?
Estimating construction can be a difficult task because there are so many factors to consider. Some of the things you need to take into account include the cost of materials, labor costs, permits, and other fees.
The best way to estimate construction is to get quotes from multiple contractors. This will help you compare pricing and find the best deal. You can also use online calculators to get a rough estimate of how much your project will cost. Just remember that these numbers are only estimates and may not be accurate.
How hard is construction estimating?
Construction estimating is difficult for a number of reasons. First, there are many variables to consider when estimating a construction project, including the cost of materials, labor, and other costs associated with the project.
Second, construction projects are often unique, which makes it difficult to compare estimates from different contractors. Finally, construction estimates can be very time-consuming to create, given the need to research prices and industry standards.
For these reasons, many construction companies choose to outsource their estimates to third-party firms that specialize in these services. This can help save time and ensure that the estimate is accurate. There are also software programs available that can automate some of the estimating process.
What are the four main types of estimates?
1. Point estimate – The most likely value for a population parameter, calculated from a sample.
2. Confidence interval – A range of values within which the population parameter is estimated to lie, calculated from a sample.
3. Margin of error – The width of the confidence interval, indicating the precision of the estimate.
4. Sample size – The number of observations used to calculate a point estimate and its accompanying confidence interval or margin of error.
How do I become a good construction estimator?
There is no one answer to this question as estimators come from a variety of backgrounds, but there are a few things that all good estimators have in common.
Firstly, they are very detail-oriented and take the time to understand the project requirements before estimating. They also have a strong understanding of construction methods and materials, as well as the costs associated with each. And finally, they are able to think on their feet and adapt quickly when changes are made to the project.
So, what is the best construction estimating software? It really depends on your needs as a contractor. Small and large businesses have different needs, and there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
Fortunately, many of the remodeling estimating software that I mentioned have free trials, thank heavens for comparison shopping and freebies.
Which residential remodeling estimating tools have you used in your business? Let us know in the comments below!
Dani Lehmer is the Founder and Head Honcho of Dani Digs In.
She is a Quality Assurance Analyst and blogger whose natural curiosity allows her
to dig in (pun intended) to help people build their businesses and satiate curiosity
in regard to data science, analysis, and crypto.